This position works alongside our lead developer in the creation of custom WordPress themes, plugins, and any and all custom functionality required to accomplish the project goals.
What we do
We specialize in taking on our clients’ business goals and creating custom solutions, from design and copywriting to development. Clients come to us because they’ve tried the in-house or off the shelf solution and found it wanting. When they’re ready for a web presence that is purpose-built for their business needs, they come to us.
The right person for this job
- Is strategically minded: Always thinking 3 moves ahead. Will what we’re building today impede future development, or enable an easy transition?
- Addicted to learning: Because the internet isn’t sitting still, and neither can we
- User centric: Who is the user? Why should they care? And how can we keep them from having to stop and think while using our interface?
- Asks for help: Everyone here supports each other in their roles, sharing our expertise so that each of us gets the benefit of our cross-disciplinary team
- Managed DNS records to move a domain to new hosting, setup email, etc
- Have used cPanel/WHM to manage hosting
- Experience translating designs from PSD’s and/or Adobe XD into custom WP themes
- Experience creating custom plugins to handle unique functionality
- Use CSS preprocessor such as SASS
- Familiar with Advanced Custom Fields, WooCommerce, and Gravity Forms
- API Integration experience with CRMs, E-commerce, Payment Processing, Single-Sign-On, Content Feeds, etc…
- Setting up domain and hosting on our server
- Configuring customer DNS appropriately
- Configuring payment processing
- Setting up WP with custom theme and/or child theme and core plugins
- Creation of responsive user experience
- Test payment processing and website functionality across devices
- 5+ years of experience developing and launching WordPress powered websites
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes would indicate the required level of expertise
- Experience using cPanel and working with hosting and DNS to launch websites
- Comfortable working remotely with limited supervision and able to follow provided documentation
- Applicants must be able to provide live site-examples of custom theme development
We are a small, tight knit company designing and developing custom websites, plugins and generally live and breathe WordPress 24/7.
Remote Position – Part-Time Contract:
We are looking for someone with experience contracting and comfortable with the pace of intermittent part-time work. As we have more hours there is the possibility of steady part-time or full-time employment, but this is not necessarily the desired end-goal. We want to make arrangements that are a good fit for our mutual needs and lifestyles.