Another Step Towards Ergonomic Perfection
Following another piece of advice from our office ergonomics friends at Humantech we took another step towards creating a more ergonomic office by adding laptop stands, with external keyboards and mice. This moves the screen of the laptop up higher which puts it at a more natural and neutral viewing angle, resulting in less stress in the neck and spine. An Australian site, Ergonomic Rescue, as a great little diagram to help illustrate:
what we got
We started out on a few recommendations from the consultants at Humantech, and then found products that would fit both the ergonomic and aesthetic needs of our office.
- Goldtouch Go! Notebook Stand – It’s super compact (folds up!) and matches our Apple products perfectly.
- TwelveSouth Hoverbar – We were blown away by the quality of this iPad stand/arm. It clamps onto your desk or monitor/iMac and holds your iPad, like a boss.
- Microsoft Arc Mouse – For our non-Bluetooth wielding member of the team we snapped up Microsoft’s entry into the world of sexy-mice. It works great, and looks like something out of Star Trek.
- Apple Bluetooth Keyboard – A classic, super compact and mobile, and always in style.
- Apple Magic Mouse – My favorite mouse.
- Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard – Just discovered this one- a great design, nice flat keys, slim profile, and extra special, it runs on light.
So far so good! Every little bit helps to create a better looking, and more ergonomic work space.