We made a map plugin, and it’s going to be awesome.
We use plugins of every shape and size every day, and more and more we find ourselves saying “You know, I think we could do this better…”. Thus Cartographer was born!
For the initial release functionality is limited, focusing on catching up to existing solutions before we start trekking out down our own path, but already we have a shortcode builder for embedding maps in your pages that is pretty much the bee’s knees.
Embed Google Maps, get directions, list locations, the list goes on.
Here’s a bit of what you can expect to find in Cartographer:
- Add locations
- Select which locations you want for each map you embed
- Easily set default settings for your embedded maps
- Customize the Google Maps display, including different pin styles
- Choose whether or not to list locations beneath the map
- Get directions to the locations easily
- Drag and drop pins if you don’t need to map a specific address
- Embed in posts and pages, OR use the included widgets!
Not bad right? Here’s what’s on the horizon:
- Filter your pins by category (this is a game changer, trust me!)
- Set map overlays to show delivery radius, service zones, etc.
- Import and Export locations by CSV
- Drag and drop map center
Phew, pretty exciting right? Download Cartographer here, and let us know what you think in the ratings and report any issues in the support forums!