The Web/Graphic Designer position will work alongside our Lead Designer and Creative Director to design everything from websites to UI/UX, and marketing graphics. Our web development and marketing teams, include other designers, developers, copy writers, and content strategists, executing on projects within defined scope and budget constraints.
- 3-5+ years of experience doing client work across a variety of disciplines including interactive (web) design
- Experienced in the full suite of Adobe products, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as interactive mocking tools such as AdobeXD
- Capable of holding your own in a client meeting: Communication skills are a must, including the discipline to maintain professionalism while listening, responding, and remaining proactive with suggestions/solutions
- Comfortable working remotely with limited supervision and able to respond to constructively-critical feedback in a collaborative manner
- Applicants must be able to provide a portfolio, including live site examples
- Interactive mocking tools such as AdobeXD
We’re looking for someone who understands the functional nature of design work, who is thinking in terms of the needs of the client’s target audience and putting their goals at the center of the design process.
You’ll have a chance to work with a wide variety of clients, designing for their businesses and organizations, but always within our company’s function-first mantra: Design with Purpose.
The Right Person for this Job
- Is strategically minded: Thinking not just about aesthetics, but about the client’s brand, the audience, their goals, and how this design facilitates those interactions.
- Driven by Improvement: Excited to be on the cutting edge of contemporary design, and always exploring new industries and markets.
- User Centric: Focused on designing UI/UX that is function-first, and responsive.
- Asks for Help: Everyone here supports each other in their roles, sharing our expertise so that each of us gets the benefit of our cross-disciplinary team.
- Working with clients from a conceptual stage to first come to a strategic understanding of the project’s audiences and goals
- Wireframing end-to-end user-paths across a variety of design templates
- Work with content-strategy team to piece together what content is required and where it fits into the puzzle
- Developing refined mock designs in interactive tools to present to clients for feedback and review
- Implement feedback in a collaborative fashion that responds to the concerns of the client while maintaining the integrity of the design
- Participate in development hand-off meetings, adapting to developer’s concerns about how designs translate to functional development, and explaining the intent of designs for a successful handoff
Remote Position – Part-Time Contract
We are looking for someone with experience contracting and comfortable with the pace of intermittent part-time work. As we have more hours there is the possibility of steady part-time or full-time employment, but this is not necessarily the desired end-goal. We want to make arrangements that are a good fit for our mutual needs and lifestyles.
- PDFs are our preferred file format.
- Cover letters are not required, but we do like them.
- We keep applications on file for one year.
"*" indicates required fields