This position works alongside our lead developer in the creation of custom WordPress themes, plugins, and any and all custom functionality required to accomplish the project goals.
- 5+ years of experience developing and launching WordPress powered websites
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes would indicate the required level of expertise
- Experience using cPanel and working with hosting and DNS to launch websites
- Comfortable working remotely with limited supervision and able to follow provided documentation
- Familiarity with the website design and development process
- Applicants must be able to provide live site-examples of custom theme development
- Remote work
- Managed DNS records to move a domain to new hosting, setup email, etc
- Have used cPanel/WHM to manage hosting
- Experience translating designs from PSD’s and/or Adobe XD into custom WP themes
- Experience creating custom plugins to handle unique functionality
- Use CSS preprocessor such as SASS
- Familiar with Advanced Custom Fields, WooCommerce, and Gravity Forms
- API Integration experience with CRMs, E-commerce, Payment Processing, Single-Sign-On, Content Feeds, etc…
- Setting up domain and hosting on our server
- Configuring customer DNS appropriately
- Configuring payment processing
- Setting up WP with custom theme and/or child theme and core plugins
- Creation of responsive user experience
- Test payment processing and website functionality across devices
Remote Position – Part-Time Contract
We are looking for someone with experience contracting and comfortable with the pace of intermittent part-time work. As we have more hours there is the possibility of steady part-time or full-time employment, but this is not necessarily the desired end-goal. We want to make arrangements that are a good fit for our mutual needs and lifestyles.
- PDFs are our preferred file format.
- Cover letters are not required, but we do like them.
- We keep applications on file for one year.
"*" indicates required fields